but hey, we're open to many things. yaaay. i'm here, like i say to your right, for new friends (connection is great!) and if that leads to some dating-ish behavior, that's fine too. this is not one of those unicorn-seeking profiles, by the way.
also, please don't "like" me - just message me. you don't have to use the like button to message me. hell, you don't have to like me at all to message me. call me stupid if you want. it'll be fun.
on to the rest of the thing!
i hate the entire idea of a self-summary.
instead, i'm going to copy-paste stuff from other parts of my life.
*last night i dreamed i was floating down a tropical river on top of a volkswagon bus like huck finn. with me was a hydrophobic turkey, which i later ate. it was tasty.
* For three years, I taught high school language arts and social studies at an accredited special purpose school. This position enabled me to provide students – both high achievers and low – with the individualized attention and encouragement they need to prepare for higher education. I custom tailored each student’s curriculum, keeping in mind their challenges (most often learning disabilities and emotional or behavioral issues) while making their coursework as interdisciplinary as possible.
* musical malapropism for the day: methmaker methmaker, make me some meth!
* just saw a tag from a distance, and I could've sworn it said 'anchovy for life.' I was all like, since when are tiny fish against abortion?! then I saw the anarchy sign, and it made waaaay more sense.
* hank green on the declining relevance of news media. one of the main points: news media has given up its legitimacy as an institution to pander to ideology and target audiences. which is a funny thing to assert when you're a YouTube star seeking hits saying that YouTube stars are more honest than news media. https://medium.com/message/holy-shit-i-interviewed-the-president-fa3e8fb44d16
I am contemplative, physical, and insoucient
basically i spend my time, one way or another, trying to have those hilarious conversations about existentialism and quantum mechanics and sex and hipsters and pop culture and mormon jell-o cuisine and literature.
i've been told i'm a jumbo sized cool tough furry jacket cat for the ladies.
movies: (i don't watch a lot of movies anymore, so this list is really quite old) memento, eternal sunshine, in brouges, snatch/lock stock, chasing amy and kevin smith in general, more i can't think of right now. anything well-written and/or that which makes one think is my favorite, but genres are genres for a reason, and movies should be fun if they're meant to be. this is something i learned from my hetero lifemate: sometimes you want explosions; it's OK to watch movies that have a bunch of explosions with nary a plot to tie the explosions together. also i really liked kiss kiss bang bang because of all the grammar jokes.
music: tool, dresden dolls, regina spektor, radiohead, atmosphere, sage francis, fiona apple, pj harvey, the builders and the butchers, etc etc etc. lately: phantogram, menomena, kaki king, ida maria, cloud control... lately lately: sylvan esso, warpaint, chastity belt, gary clark jr., bonobo, rubblebucket, dengue fever.
food: good food, but not necessarily expensive food. case in point: taco wagon mexican food is much better than cheese-smothered tex-mex. i love to cook, except when i'm too hungry to keep my fingers out of it.
6. excellent food and other art
6. friends who understand
6. physical activity
6. my middle finger
you'll find me a lot more share-tastic in person.