I'm quite shy when I first meet someone, but once I get past that (which doesn't usually take very long) I'm a very open person. There's nothing I won't talk about; there are very few topics that will embarrass or disgust me. I have a habit of crossing that line with other people, especially when I don't know them well. If I do that with you just let me know and I won't do it again.
I believe in complete honesty whenever possible, and prefer talk about stuff as soon as is practical rather than letting things fester. In my experience leaving things hanging gives them far too much room to grow.
So that which is written above and below is me. Except it's not really. It's not possible to explain who I am in words, especially with my minimally artistic linguistic skills. So if you want to know more about me drop me a line and we'll take it from there. If I'm not your cup of tea then I want to thank you for stopping by and wish you good fortune in all your endeavours.
My random musings on life the universe and everything can be browsed at your leisure here: http://tastingtheacorn.com/
I get paid to do the bulk of what I consider my "hobbies." By day I'm a Technical Architect and by night I run two companies: a software development consultancy and a photography company. I've been a software developer all my life, but recently I've been putting effort into turning my photography into a viable business. My ultimate aim is to earn a comfortable living as a photographer.
Outside of software and photography I play snooker, see a lot of live music, and hang out with my friends. You should probably know that I rarely dance, and much alcohol has usually been consumed when I do. I will happily go to a club but I'll be more interested in listening to the music and analysing the technology behind the atmosphere than taking part in the associated activities. If that makes me sound old and past it then I should point out that I've always been like that :)
* Being honest, but rarely to the point of brutality.
* Creative problem solving.
* Being there for my friends and family when they need me.
* Discussing the nature of reality, religion, purpose, and pain.
* Taking the opposing side to the one I'm on in an argument. I enjoy being the devil's advocate because it helps me understand alternative points of view.
* Being me - nobody does it better!
My taste in music is pretty diverse, and I've always found it hard to describe what causes me like a particular piece of music. I don't tend to like artists; I like songs. I like songwriters. I especially like singer/songwriters and have found there's nothing like discovering new musical talent.
I'm a sucker for a good singing voice, so if you can sing it's likely you can make me melt!
I have a love/hate relationship with food. Until recently I didn't cook much but that's changing.
* A camera.
* My mind.
Things to bear in mind...
* There's an abundance of truth in most cheese.
* I wear the cheese, it does not wear me.
* You want to pass the time chatting.
* You want your portrait taken (I'm always on the lookout for additions to my portfolio).
* You have a different perspective on something, or everything.
* You want a different perspective on something, or everything.
* You want to tell me how joyful/painful it was to read my profile.
* You're not sure if you want to message me. Just do it, then you'll know if you did the right thing!