I moved here from Vermont in March of 2015. I'm decently acquainted with our local area, and I'd love someone to take me exploring Seattle or the other neighborhoods.
I'm currently interested in finding a long-term relationship with someone who can challenge me intellectually, and hold intellectual debates about really neat stuff. Science preferred, but anything goes over a beer. (PS: I'm poly, #nspp)
I won't say no to short-term relationships.
I will probably say yes to friendship :)
Working from home definitely has it's perks. :)
Personally, I enjoy playing games and watching movies at home with my wife and friends. I love being outside during the fall (not a huge fan off the summer heat, but love winter!) -- hope to get back into hiking and exercise this next year! I'm a huge craft beer fan, and I love exploring parts of the city I've never been to before. I can out-run you. I can out-game you ;)
- Criticizing people. I'm one of -those- types of people, and if you can't take criticism and roll with it, we're probably not going to get along. It's usually humor anyways.
- Making people laugh. I don't think of myself as a comedian in any sense, but most people call me funny, and I make a lot of grumpy people smile.
I stand humbly at Six-Foot-Seven. There's probably other qualities, but that's definitely the most relevant when you first meet me.
- Movies: Horror/SciFi/Comedy (in that order). I have a surreal appreciation for terrible, "Who gave them a BUDGET?", B Movies.
- Television: Anything SciFi, as long as it isn't so generic and repeated theoretical mumble that I've heard and understood a thousand times over. Mythbusters, SciFi Original (crappy) Movies, Doctor Who, etc. I'm currently watching: Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Edit 2016: Game of Thrones, making my wife binge-watch all of Star Trek. I NEED SOMETHING NEW. SEND HELP.
- Music: 80's and 90's rock. I also really enjoy work-techno, and some other jams. I'm a sucker for A Capella.
- Food: I eat Meat and Potatoes. It's pretty simple. I'm not healthy with my food intake. I don't care. I will care when I'm 30. I think that's a reasonable compromise.
Now? I want to retire by 35. Permanently. I will surely have my own projects, and keep myself educated, updated, and involved in the modern world. However, I'd like to not have to, if I choose. It's a HUGE goal and I don't have much time, but I'm going to figure it out.
I'll gladly step out for a walk, coffee, or beer with a friend. So make plans with me!
Also, I'm a game nerd. And not the type that brags, but I feel it's necessary to list here so you "know me". I've played Eve Online for ten straight wonderful years. Other games include Stellaris, Fallout 4, Left 4 Dead 2, Doom (2016), Diablo III, and Heroes of the Storm. All on PC.
Also, I don't do well in the summer. I hate the heat. So I'm staying inside, or "going out but sitting indoors" for the most of the summer.
- You're interested in being a local/coffee/drinks friends. My wife and I are always looking to hang out with people and just have a good time socially. Hang out with just me, just her, both of us. Whatever. We're good company! Here's her profile: https://www.okcupid.com/profile/BrandolaBlue
- You're female and want to live longer. Women who drink beer live longer than both those who drink too much, and longer than those who drink none at all! Get a beer with me. It's very selfish of you.
- I'm part of a consensual poly relationship with my wife. So if you're poly, or you're interested in being in our poly relationship, please start a conversation!