Interests: running, biking, talking with a close friend about what's happening in our lives (or any other interesting topic), cuddling, reading, programming, sleeping.
Distinguishing qualities: honesty, straightforwardness, openness with my thoughts and feelings, introversion, equanimity (had to double-check the meaning of this before putting it in my profile), intelligence, rationality, open-mindedness, discipline/work ethic, simple lifestyle.
INTJ if you're into that.
Opened up a small moonshining operation.
Closed the moonshining operation.
Went to college.
Dropped out of college.
Worked at a sandwich shop.
Went back to college.
High school math teacher.
Long haul truck driver.
Public bus driver.
Web development bootcamp teaching assistant.
Software engineer. (← current)
Additionally, I have...
- made over 1,000 (constructive) edits to Wikipedia
- free soloed a 5-story building
- founded a subreddit with over 160,000 subscribers (although I have since been deposed as moderator)
- written this song on the guitar and drums and this song on the piano
- directed a one-act play
- juggled a soccer ball 37 times in a row
- won a US patent
- scored 1580 on the SAT (it used to be out of 1600, youngins)
- earned a Class A commercial driver's license
- done a 1,600-mile self-supported bicycle tour
- pedaled a bike at 53 mph
- run a mile in 5:47
- bench pressed 280 lbs
- overcome my fundamentalist Catholic upbringing to realize there is no God
- gone 3.75 days eating nothing but celery and gum
- been reviewed as "coolest math teacher i have ever had," "hella chill teacher," and "freaking awesome"
- moved using only my Mazda Miata convertible, twice
- only made up one of the above facts
And I unconditionally guarantee that I will beat you in Mario Kart 64.
Books: The Prisoner's Dilemma, Ender's Game, Into Thin Air, The Kite Runner, I Robot, Cannery Row, Lost Horizon, Concerning the Fountain, The Day of the Jackal, Right Ho Jeeves, and of course Harry Potter. Hated: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
Movies: the Bourne trilogy, Gladiator, The Fountain, Strictly Sexual, GATTACA, I Am Sam, In Bruges, Love Actually, The Notebook, V for Vendetta, The Painted Veil, The Crucible, The Count of Monte Cristo.
Shows: Dexter, Modern Family. 24 is an oldie but a goodie.
Music: I dislike most country and most classic rock. And the Spanish stations that come on as I scan the radio. Beyond that, as to what I DO like... that's very hard to summarize or predict, but your best bets would be from hip hop, electronic, Top 40, quality classical/movie scores, coffee-shop-style music, and modern rock.
Food: My favorite cuisines are Ethiopian and Indian as a close second, but I don't really like to eat out.
non-free time (i.e. some kind of purpose)
most importantly: a few people who really care about and understand me
talk with a close friend
ride my bike
drink alcohol (← date idea!)
read a book
read the Internet
take a hot shower/bath
Note that eating out is not listed here. I much prefer to eat and drink "in". It's cheaper, more convenient, usually more nutritious, and involves less navigation of social protocols. :-p
And here are some activities that I am able to do only infrequently but enjoy a lot:
dance! (← date idea!)
the "parlor game" or "tabletop game" variously called mafia/werewolf/assassin/resistance
amusement park (love thrill rides)
Don't be afraid to write. :) Whatever you might feel like writing, I invite you to say it. Grab life by the horns! YOLO, you know.