First a couple housekeeping points:
1. If you're trolling for casual sex you can skip to the next profile. I don't have sex with strangers or with those who are lackadaisical about sexual health. Some girls may not mind being walking vaginas/ unpaid hooker. I'm not one of them ;)
2. To the rest of you, please note that girls on dating sites get LOTS of messages and I'm no exception. If you message me and don't hear back it doesn't mean I don't like you. More often than not I have 300+ messages in my inbox along with yours and I probably haven't had time lately to read them all let alone respond. It's (most likely) not personal.
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...
Everyone is one of a kind. But I'm truly a one-of-a-kind one-of-a-kind. I guarantee it! :
- I'm an Atheist/Humanist and a recovering ex-Christian. (If you're religious we're unlikely to be more than friends because I have minimal tolerance for the mythologically-grounded lifestyle)
- I'm a sapiosexual autodidact. I love to read, watch documentaries & debate hot topics for fun. In other words: I'm a geek girl ;)
- I love all things art: I social-dance regularly (lindy-hop, blues & waltz are my favourites) and I love theater - especially musical theater. Movies are good too (when they're good). I've been an extra in two movies (no blockbusters, but I'm in the trailer of one of them).
- I'm active on a number of human rights issues:
1) I'm an intactivist (fighting against male infant circumcision). Foreskin is very erogenous tissue benefiting both sex partners (see http://www.sexasnatureintendedit.com) and no one should have their sex organs surgically altered when they're not old enough to give fully informed consent!
2) I'm a fetal rights activist (yup I'm a pro-life atheist - see http://www.prolifehumanists.org) Bodily autonomy rights matter - and they are nullified if someone first takes away your right to keep living in your body!
- I like to I stay quite active and when I'm not dancing I'm a regular at the community center's salt-water pool. Summer sees me hiking, camping, or out on my inflatable kayak. I love to travel (and I take way too many pictures!)
- Green and healthy living is key to my survival! I have MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) which means chemicals in my air (cologne/perfume/outgassing carpet and particle board etc etc etc) can trigger extreme headaches. You eat all organic, and have dreams of building your own eco-house / dome-house or strawbale house? Perfect! We'll get along fabulously! :D
- Baking and cooking! I hoard recipes mostly for the pictures - I love adapting the heck out of them and coming up with healthier and tastier alternatives! Ever had black bean brownies? Home-made bagels? Kale chips? Raw vegan coconut chocolates?
- Parler Francais! I'm fluently bilingual in French. J'aimes bien parler ma langue maternelle! Depuis le secondaire j'ai un peu perdu en ce qui concerne l'ortographe mais c'a ce reprend! :)
- Dancing lindy-hop and blues I'm pretty good at any partner dance - it's like a language, once you know the basics, learning a new style isn't too hard. I also enjoy belly dance, tap dance and am taking burlesque lessons.
- Cuddling & Hugging I'm a cuddle slut. I will engage in casual cuddling any day! ;)
I read everything I can! I especially love reading opposing views on the same issue. I visit the library more than the grocery store and am usually reading multiple books at the same time.
- Anything by Bart Ehrman or Christopher Hitchens (Hitchens was a pro-life atheist like me. I miss him!)
- Unnatural Selection: by Mara Hvistendahl (Since the 1970's more than 160 million girls have been aborted by parents seeking male children!)
- Tasting Freedom (A detailed 500 page history of decades of the slavery abolition movement)
- The Harry Potter series
- The Hunger Games Trilogy
- Stephen King's works
- The Back to the Future Trilogy
- The Party (staring Peter Sellers)
- French Kiss (staring Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline)
- Blast From the Past
- Benny & Joon
- In Time
- The Tourist
- The Invention of Lying
- Patch Adams
- Mrs Doubfire
- Anything Tom Hanks is in
- Ever After / The Notebook (yup, I'm a girl)
- good quality scary movies in their original Japanese versions (Ju-on, Ringu)
- indie films, Quebec films, and foreign films with subtitles (J'adores: Maelstrom, La Grande Séduction, La Sacrée, Maman Last Call )
- Documentaries, Learning Channel, Discovery Channel
- Doctor Who (Yes I am absolutely a Whovian!)
- Criminal Minds (I'm in love with Dr Reid's brain, lol)
- Dead Like Me
- Cosmos (Neil Tyson Degrass)
- Penn & Teller's Bullsh@t! series
- Lie to Me
- 1000 Ways to Die (it's educational, really! lol)
- Game of Thrones
Musicals - especially Rodgers and Hammerstein
jazz, blues, big-band, oldies, country, reggae, folk music, Putumayo mixes, and anything I can dance to. Also a huge fan of french Canadian music as well as anything with rich lyrics that tell stories.
- Anything I can make from scratch :)
- Cheese and spaghetti sauce - on anything! (Complete veganism would be a challenge, I admit)
- Indian cuisine
- organic garden-grown veggies
- quality breads
- raw and sugarless deserts
- Organic kale chips!
3. My camera
4. Access to safe water and healthy food
5. My mind/intelligence
I regret that I can study history but am blind to the world to come. I nonetheless consider it an incredible gift to have been alive at all and able to witness this world for a brief time - and perhaps even to leave a mark on history yet unwritten! I will die and I will forget. Perhaps if I live well, I might not be forgotten too quickly.
Bonus confession: I had a ski accident several years ago and it cost me most of my front teeth. So if a girl with a partial denture freaks you out, you can feel free to sponsor my dental implants. ;)
- You can hold an intelligent conversation and say something in your starter message that shows you've *actually read my profile*. If all you say is "Nice pics!" and "Hey there!" Your odds of a response aren't very high unless you look like David Tennant and drive a TARDIS
- You're a free-thinker/humanist/agnostic/atheist/ex-Christian, or at very least are willing to discuss matters of faith and life with large doses of science, philosophy, and reality.
- You're not looking for a quick hook-up or booty call, as I mentioned above. I believe in family and that sex should mean something - and be more than a mutual genital rub. If you're just seeking a crotch to fill, I'm sure the gal on the corner will be pleased to meet you. :)