Sorry to have to lead with that, but too many guys seem to think this site is called "Ok Pimp". I am not a walking vagina. I'm not a prostitute you can buy with a drink or with a couple diners and some roses. Having emotion-less sex with strangers might be great for others, but I care about my sexual health and the well-being of the children I might procreate. I set my own rules, and "third date" isn't one of them. If we're not in a committed relationship, we're not getting naked.
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...
I've been told my profile is longer and more detailed than most, but that's because I care about weird stuff like compatibility. If I'm not the droids you're looking for, taking the time to read might save us both an evening.
1. I'm an Atheist/Humanist and a recovering ex-Christian. (If you're religious we're unlikely to be more than friends because I have minimal tolerance for the mythologically-grounded lifestyle)
2. I'm a sapiosexual autodidact. I love to read, watch documentaries & debate hot topics for fun. In other words: I'm a geek girl ;)
3. I love all things art: I social-dance regularly (lindy-hop, blues & waltz are my favourites) and I love theater - especially musical theater. I've been an extra in two movies.
4. I'm active on a number of human rights and environmental issues. Most passionately:
- I'm an intactivist (against male infant circumcision) because foreskin is very erogenous tissue benefiting both sex partners (see http://www.sexasnatureintendedit.com) and no one should have their sex organs surgically altered when they're not old enough to give fully informed consent!
- I'm a fetal rights activist (yup - a pro-life atheist - see http://www.prolifehumanists.org) Bodily autonomy rights matter - and they are nullified if someone denies you your bodily right to keep living!
5. I like to I stay quite active and when I'm not dancing I'm a regular at the community center's salt-water pool. Summer sees me hiking, camping, or out on my inflatable kayak. I love to travel (and I take way too many pictures!)
6. I have chemical sensitivities (MCS) and synthetics ranging from new carpets to paint to perfume and cologne are migraine triggers. I try to eat all organic have dreams of building my own eco-house / dome-house or strawbale house someday.
- Baking and cooking! I hoard recipes mostly for the pictures - I love adapting the heck out of them and coming up with healthier and tastier alternatives! Ever had black bean brownies? Home-made bagels? Kale chips? Raw vegan coconut chocolates?
- Parler Francais! I'm fluently bilingual in French. J'aimes bien parler ma langue maternelle! Depuis le secondaire j'ai un peu perdu en ce qui concerne l'ortographe mais c'a ce reprend! :)
- Dancing lindy-hop and blues I'm pretty good at any partner dance - it's like a language, once you know the basics, learning a new style isn't too hard. I also enjoy belly dance, tap dance and am taking burlesque lessons.
- Cuddling & Hugging I'm a cuddle slut. I will engage in casual cuddling any day! ;)
I read EVERYTHING I can! Usually non-fiction. I especially love reading opposing views on the same issue. I read philosophy, science and history for fun. I think I visit the library more than the grocery store and am usually reading multiple books at the same time.
A few recent faves include:
- Anything by Bart Ehrman or Christopher Hitchens (Hitchens was a pro-life atheist like me. I miss him!)
- Unnatural Selection: by Mara Hvistendahl (Since the 1970's more than 160 million girls have been aborted by parents seeking male children!)
- Tasting Freedom (A detailed 500 page history of decades of the slavery abolition movement)
- The Harry Potter series
- The Hunger Games Trilogy
- Stephen King's works
- Sci-fi, time travel & mind f*cks (Back to the Future Trilogy, Equilibrium, In Time, Inception, Momento, The Game, The Tourist... etc)
- Clever Comedy: (The Party -Peter Sellers, French Kiss -Meg Ryan, Blast From the Past, Benny & Joon
- Religious satire films (The Invention of Lying, PK)
- Anything with Robin Williams or Tom Hanks
- Romance (Ever After, The Notebook)
- Scary subtitled Japanese (Ju-on, Ringu)
- Indie films, Quebec films, and subtitled foreign films (Maelstrom, La Grande Séduction, La Sacrée, Maman Last Call )
- Documentaries, Learning Channel, Discovery Channel
- Doctor Who (Yes I am absolutely a Whovian!)
- Criminal Minds (I'm in love with Dr Reid's brain, lol)
- Dead Like Me
- Once Upon a Time
- Cosmos (Neil Tyson Degrass)
- Penn & Teller's Bullsh@t! series
- 1000 Ways to Die (it's educational, really! lol)
- Game of Thrones
Especially love old-school Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals
jazz, blues, big-band, oldies, country, reggae, folk music, Putumayo mixes, and anything I can dance to. Also a huge fan of french Canadian music as well as anything with rich lyrics that tell stories.
- Anything I can make from scratch :)
- Cheese and spaghetti sauce - on anything! (Complete veganism would be a challenge, I admit)
- Indian cuisine
- organic garden-grown veggies
- quality breads
- raw and sugarless deserts
- Organic kale chips!
3. My camera
4. Access to safe water and healthy food
5. My mind/intelligence
I regret that I can study history but am blind to the world to come. I nonetheless consider it an incredible gift to have been alive at all and able to witness this world for a brief time - and perhaps even to leave a mark on history yet unwritten! I will die and I will forget. Perhaps if I live well, I might not be forgotten too quickly.
Bonus confession: I had a ski accident several years ago and it cost me most of my front teeth. So if a girl with a partial denture freaks you out, you can feel free to sponsor my dental implants. ;)
- You can hold an intelligent conversation and say something in your starter message that shows you've *actually read my profile*. If all you say is "Nice pics!" and "Hey there!" Your odds of a response aren't very high unless you look like David Tennant and drive a TARDIS
- You're a free-thinker/humanist/agnostic/atheist/ex-Christian, or at very least are willing to discuss matters of faith and life with large doses of science, philosophy, and reality.
- You're not looking for a quick hook-up or booty call, as I mentioned above. I see sex as meaningful and more than a mutual genital rub. I'm not a toy to be masturbated into. :)