I'm a 29 year old guy who finished up a PhD in Organic Chemistry at Colorado a few years ago. I really don't conform to the stereotypes of a science nerd though. I'm social, love doing and learning new things and meeting new people. This is preferably done with the aid of a nice, warm bourbon blanket on the weekends.
It was a great experience out in Boulder but I was ready to get back to NorCal. I work at a "big, evil energy conglomerate" in the Bay Area, but I'd like to think that I'm working to help them improve that public perception.
In my free time I'm on flag football, volleyball and basketball teams and at the end of a long weekday I'll usually catch Jeopardy and watch a doc on Netfilx. I try to work out as often as I can now that I'm done with life-sucking grad school. I'm also thinking about teaching myself to cook... I'm a chemist, so I'm hoping the skills translate well (probably not though). I played football in college and I tend to spend part of my Sundays watching my beloved Packers somewhere. I'll can appreciate regular season baseball but I totally hop on that bandwagon and cheer for the Giants come October. I do love going to games when it's $9 beer night though.
Grammar, science literacy, and intelligence are cool.
Have a wonderful day!
1. Peer-pressuring people
2. Being peer-pressured
4. Systematically solving complex problems
2. My friends. They're freakin great.
3. Soap. Come on guys. If this one's not on your list, you're gross!
4. Warm, moist chocolate chip cookies.
5. Jon Stewart. He needs to run for office.
6. Documentaries on Netflix. I'm all about 'em.
2. Synthetic Organic Chemistry
3. The negative influence of religions on society