I'm something of a paradox, similarly comfortable sipping cognac in rooftop lounges or chugging cheap beer in a dive bar basement (with perhaps a slight preference for the latter). I'm extremely well-educated (A.B. Princeton, M.St Oxford, PhD Cambridge), yet I can be profoundly silly when the situation requires. I'm equal-parts gentleman and rascal, and I'd like to believe that I've achieved a tasteful balance. If you think you've got me figured out, I probably won't believe you.
More broadly, I'm a lover of aesthetics. I spent four years teaching Literature. I've tried my hand at fashion design and am currently on board with a startup. More recently, I've become involved in an architectural design project.
- Mixing Cocktails
- Avoiding sleep
Music: I strongly prefer rock to jazz; strongly prefer glam (e.g. Van Halen) to classic (e.g. Led Zeppelin); strongly prefer symphonic metal (Arch Enemy) to death metal.
Art: prefer Michelangelo to da Vinci; strongly prefer Dalí to Picasso, Matisse, and Warhol.
Literature: prefer Márquez to Cervantez; strongly prefer Tennyson to T.S. Eliot
Movies: I appreciate dizzying cinematography (Requiem for a Dream, American Beauty) and intelligent -- though not necessarily intellectual -- humor (Thank you for Smoking, Van Wilder).
Television: I have a thing for witty and outrageous animated comedies, particularly Archer and South Park.
My good friends, Johnnie Walker and Remy Martin.
- you are a flake (e.g., you think it's okay to be routinely late or cancel at the last minute)
- you have hangups (e.g., you think exchanging numbers or meeting in person is a big deal)
- you're looking for an average / ordinary / predictable partner (I'm not your type)
We likely WILL get along if
- you are intelligent (I don't care what degree you have, but you need to be able to hold a conversation and think for yourself)
- you consider yourself fun and creative
- you think life is too short to waste blending into the crowd