34Brooklyn, United States
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
My self-summary
Born and raised in the California Bay Area. Moved out here six years ago. Modern dancer. Avid baker. Snotty cheese and whiskey enthusiast. Wannabe oenophile. Fairly private. Somewhat profane. Mostly nocturnal. (Thanks, serving job.) I have intense opinions. (Scorpio.)
What I’m doing with my life
(This is old and inaccurate. Will update soon.) Negotiating the balance between my dance life and all the other stuff that comes with living in this city.
Update: it's a little ambiguous these days. Transitions are hard.
I’m really good at
Listening and giving feedback.

Drinking on a empty stomach. Actually this is terrible/awesome.

Giving people with no spatial awareness the stink eye.

Cheering people up when they've had a rough day. I'll share my one (and only) bad joke, give you a massage and tell you that you are pretty, until you feel better.

Being the small spoon.
The first things people usually notice about me
I'm short. Blond (purple haired) asian. Red lipstick. Usually speeding my way to somewhere (from the train), while wearing an expression of fixed indifference and giant shoes or alternatively, laughing really loudly while pretending to be a t-rex.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Books: Kafka on the Shore, Norwegian Wood, The Hours, An Everlasting Meal, The Awakening, Lolita, Hocus Pocus, The Theory of Light and Matter. I am having a bit of a moment with Jeffery Eugenides and Michael Cunningham. Currently enjoying my first foray into Phillip Roth.
Update: I need a new book to read. Recommendations?

Music: The Decemberists, Camera Obscura, PLANNINGTOROCK, The Black Keys, Florence + the Machine, Beirut, Yeah yeah yeahs, Bon Iver, The Magnetic Fields, Rufus Wainwright, Sleigh Bells, Lana del Rey, Mø, FKA Twigs. I am rather enamoured with the new St.Vincent. Just saw The Antlers at Webster Hall. Yes to that. Sometimes when I roll pastry, I sing Taylor Swift. Sorry I'm not sorry.

TV: I think 65% of my enjoyment of Elementary stems from the wistful nostalgia I feel for the time I had hair like Lucy Liu. The other 35% is Jonny Lee Miller's English accent.
My current fake news/observing the absurdity in current events anchor is John Oliver. In my fantasy, we get married and have pretty hapa babies, but until then I'm on this site.
The X-files. Full stop.
And a lot of other not critically acclaimed television for which you will you probably judge me for watching, while you tell me all about how Breaking Bad is so amazing. I know.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Why asparagus is on any menu in January. This is a question.

How to be a nicer, more compassionate, less grumpy, more open and observant human being. It's a work in progress.

Peak, peek, and pique. They are different words, but apparently no one seems to know that.

The rich creative life of the guy whose Okc username is john1234ny? I kid!
On a typical Friday night I am
Working. Wanna hang out on Tuesday or Wednesday?
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I don't particularly desire a puppy or a baby, but I will happily fawn over yours. (This is more true of the dog than the child. Actually, just the dog.)
You should message me if
If you have at least a passing interest in food, are the kind of person who gives up his seat on the train for an elderly or pregnant person, and are spatially aware.

If you don't speak in cliches. You don't, for example, "work hard, (and) play harder" and are looking for "a partner in crime" with whom to "live life to the fullest." Also, you don't punctuate random, unfunny sentences with, "lol."

If you want to check out some live music. I am trying to do this more often. (Or any other somewhat cultural adventure.)

Alternatively, if you are my nemesis. I'm curious. In my mind, your interests include not recycling while kicking puppies, and then blogging about it on your MRA Tumblr.
The two of us