I used to be very cynical, negative and misanthropic, and I thought I was the coolest, realest, most enlightened person ever. Thankfully, people are capable of change.
I'm into Parks & Rec, Broad City, Six Feet Under, Archer and Community. I love TV shows and have a few saved to watch with the right person.
When it comes to music I have no strong opinions. If music is the most important thing in your life I will disappoint you. I like mostly random popular songs, hip-hop and stoner rock. I love Beyoncé and I don't care who knows it.
- People I love. This is numero uno.
- Solitude when I need it.
- A place to look up facts, information, answers to all the questions I have about the world, and a place to find answers to questions I didn't even know I had (aka the internet!). If you're not interested in getting answers to questions such as "why do dogs have more species variation than cats?", or "why do some cultures have the same word for blue and green?", or "could two people grow together if you removed their skin and stuck them together?", or "do animals have a sense of time?", or "what happens to water that is put into freezing temperatures but isn't allowed enough space to expand into ice?", then we might just not have the same outlook on life.
- Access to warm water. I am very privileged that this has never been a problem to obtain. But it is a privilege I am so happy to have, and I have actually paid good money for access to a warm shower over a cold one.
I'll stop at four for now; I'm not all that high-maintenance.
- I sleep in my birthday suit.
- When I was little my mother told me that brown eggs were eggs laid by roosters. I believed this until I was 21. This point has now been hotly contested when I brought it up with my mother and she claimed that she would never have said such a thing, and my father said that it sounds like something he could have totally said just for fun. So it might have been my dad. But I doubt it because I have known for many years now that a man who would get seagulls drunk and pour milk/fish guts inside hollow chair legs and air conditioning vents is someone who would totally make stuff up for entertainment value.
- You have a sense of humor about yourself and the world
- You prefer making others feel good about themselves to making yourself feel good by making them feel bad
- You are a good person, or at least trying to be
- You understand that people who agree with the above aren't "boring" or "lame", and that feeling that way is kind of fucked up
- You enjoy conversation and debate, without getting combative
Also, I don't know if people ever actually use OKC to find friends, but if you do then that's nice too, even if (or actually especially if) you're a woman.