Spouting uninformed statements about areas outside my expertise.
Finding things to fix around the house when I should be working on something more important.
Spotting pseudoscience nonsense
I also used to be rather good at sarcasm.
- Authors: Frank Herbert, Isaac Asimov, Philip K. Dick, Terry Pratchett, Alan Moore, Richard Dawkins, Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman;
- Individual books: Ender's Game, Starship Troopers, The Wheel of Time series, Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings trilogy, 1984, The Invisible Gorilla;
The 'classic' Star Trek movies, the original Star Wars trilogy, Serenity, Equilibrium, first Matrix movie, The Dark Knight, Seven Samurai, Fight Club, Leon, Dr. Strangelove, Amelie, Das Boot
Pretty much anything by Richard Dawkins, David Attenborough or Carl Sagan
Penn&Teller's Bullshit, Odyssey 5, all Stargate series, all but the original Star Trek series, Firefly, Mushishi, Futurama, Battlestar Galactica, Excel Saga
Romanian, Italian, Indian, Japanese, Chinese. And pretty much else. If it's edible, I'll eat it.
2) Running water
3) Personal hygiene items (soap, toothbrush, nail clippers, scissors, etc)
4) Books (either physical or audiobooks)
5) Mobile phone(s)
- You are not too serious about your superstitions