Sarcasm is my bread and butter when it comes to joking around, or just having a friendly conversation. It varies from a little too subtle to caked on obvious.
I'm a huge sports fan (both watching and playing), but for some reason never really get into basketball (and I'm surprised they allow me to still live in Indiana in spite of that). I'm a big football (Packers) and baseball (Brewers) fan. (Can you tell I grew up in Milwaukee?) I also enjoy watching hockey even though I can barely skate.
I'm always up for the random road trip, be it just a quick day trip or a week long affair. I don't nearly take enough of these anymore, and am hoping to find somebody who enjoys the fun in them too.
For those of you who might be easily impressed, then let me direct you to my finer qualifications:
Minority owner of a pro sports team
Guinness World Record Holder
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Charter Member of the Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbaccus
TL;DR - I am acerbic, ambiguous, aloof, and an alliteration addict (not so much on that last part).
Pondering age-old questions such as; How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Making obscure references over the course of a given conversation.
Over-thinking things is a specialty of mine.
Also, I have a bitchy-resting-face. I promise I'm probably not angry, upset, or even sad. My face just looks like that normally.
Music: Goldfinger, The Decemberists, Alkaline Trio, The Format, Straylight Run, Flogging Molly, the Tossers, Sufjan Stevens, Frank Turner, Trampled by Turtles, The Head and the Heart.
Books: Shadow of the Wind, The Five People you Meet in Heaven, The Gun Seller, Theodore Rex, Denis Lehane novels, City of Thieves, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel. I tend to read a lot of memoirs, biographies, and historical fiction, but also enjoy a good detective novel too.
Shows: Archer, Franklin & Bash, Suits, How I met your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Castle, Scandal, Newsroom, Sports Night, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
Food: Haggis, Lutefisk, Pepperoni, Lefse, Cream Puffs, Rubens, Sushi, Phở. There isn't much in the way of food that I don't like, and I'm always a fan of trying something new.
A good single malt Scotch (neat)
How better off America would be without the "2 party system" controlling politics.
Also, I'm a couchsurfer and tend to use that on vacations when I can make it work.
1. I really thought it was ________ that you mentioned _________ in your profile. I also ______ ______. Have you ever ______ in/during/despite ______?
2. _______ really makes my blood boil! Do you not ______ that ______ should just ________?
3. I just read your profile and noticed you did not mention _______. How do you feel about _______? Depending on your answer you may possibly be my arch enemy/soul mate/third cousin.
4. I think you are _______. How about we _____ on the _____?
5. ______?!?! I cannot believe there is another person in my town/country/universe who also likes/dislikes ________! Will you please ______ as soon as possible!?