I’m a nerd! So you’ve been warned. As though the picture of me dressed like Sherlock Holmes wasn’t enough . . .
I’ve actually read that apparently folks don’t read profiles so much, so I suppose I’ll save myself the effort. Except for the rest of this, apparently. So, for the TL;DR version: Hi! I’m Ed!
Outside of that, I fence, brew, am trying to get back into climbing after a shoulder injury, and am really starting to get into cycling. I also read pretty voraciously when I can find the time.
Genres: History, science fiction, fantasy, detective stories.
Movies: Brick, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Star Trek (almost all of them), The Three Musketeers (the one with Michael York), Casablanca, Old Boy, Princess Mononoke.
TV: Sherlock, Sherlock Holmes (the 1980’s series starring Jeremy Brett), Star Trek (again, almost all of them), Dr. Who, Mythbusters, Adventure Time, South Park, Cowboy Bebop, Baccano, The Daily Show, Community (6 Seasons and a Movie!).
Music: The Decemberists, Jonathan Coulton, Weezer, The Magnetic Fields, Thao and the Get Down Stay Down, Fleet Foxes, Led Zeppelin, The Long Winters, MC Frontalot, Admiral Fallow, Mumford and Sons, Childish Gambino, She & Him, Anamanaguchi, Daft Punk, Sleigh Bells.
Okay, so that’s a lot. I like a lot of music. I probably should have just said that.
Food: Damn near anything. I have a special weakness for spicy food. Pho is AMAZING. So are california burritos. And anything with green chile in it is generally better than anything without it. A side effect of growing up in NM, I suppose.
2) Local microbrew, either from Stone, Ballast Point or Monkey Paw, those guys all make quality, quality beer.
3) Good books, I'm a total booknerd.
4) The company of good friends.
5) Something to work on or an activity to do, be it school, fencing, brewing, or just building the occasional random project.
6) Coffee or tea. I'm a big fan of hot, caffeinated beverages. Can you tell I'm a grad student?