Computer Engineer by training,
Board and video game player by inclination,
An introvert by nature,
Social butterfly and generally extroverted for fun.
I have a lot of hobbies, though I don't actually spend much time on them. And I've got some weight that I'd really like to get rid of, but I'm not doing a lot about it right now. :) Though if I can continue running or get back to fencing, that would help a lot.
I listen well and intently, and absorb and generally retain the things I learn. I do talk, because I think conversations should be two way exchanges, but I suspect that I listen more than I talk.
I'm just an enthusiastic amateur as far as massage goes, but some of my friends seek me out repeatedly so that's clear validation.
My taste in movies is much like my taste in books - generally mainstream with many outliers. Mainly action and comedy. To pick a few archtypical examples: The Avengers, Big Trouble in Little China, The Princess Bride, Casino Royale.
I really enjoy live theatre and like to go see shows at Stratford or at our local little theatre Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre (KWLT). I'm very involved with KWLT generally, as is much of my local social network. I've been in four live stage shows, usually as a stage hand.
My taste in music covers just about anything except Rap. I can swing quite cheerfully from Loreena McKennitt to Metallica back to Classical with stops for Apocolyptica, Bond and Garbage. Although I do have a soft spot in my heart for classic 80's rock of all sorts.
I was raised on a very classically North American diet but I've expanded that narrow selection continuously since I was a child. I'm omnivorous and enjoy trying new food. I *love* sushi, Thai, and Indian. My diet is frequently light on meat or is even vegan, but I love steak, ribs & chicken.
- My computer (computer games, online contact with friends)
- My car (much as I would prefer to live close to work, I have too many activities outside of KW)
- My coffee maker (I could go without, but I won't if I don't have to)
- My books (in paper or electronic, I love to read)
- My bed (pretty obvious)
- My shower (a hot shower is a constant delight, and I really don't wake up until I have one)
- Play (I enjoy playing with my friends and lovers, often in different ways)
- Touch (casual or deliberate, sensual or friendly)
- Discussion (I don't really enjoy debating, but I love exploring topics)
- New Things (I love learning new skills, finding new food, understanding something new)
- Conversation (I enjoy people, learning about them, what makes them tick, or tic)
- Something to Learn (whether for work, or just for myself, I enjoy learning new things. Which I think partially explains my train of hobbies)
It's not that the blade itself appeals to me, but it appeals because something that is usually a chore can become a skill based activity with a direct personal reward for being done well.