Well... you can take me seriously, but really... I wouldn't advise it. I'm a bit of a goof. I can definitely be grow-ed up and act my age, but acting my shoe-size was always more fitting (more enjoyable too).
I'm pretty much an open book. I don't like hiding things, so I tend to speak my mind. This is usually annoying for people.
I enjoy spelling - it's useful... ish?
And if I were a dinosaur I would definitely be the one who is always off alone in the jungle playing video games. I think they're called it the Geekasaurus (you know, back in the days of prehistoric video games). I think they used cavemen for their voice actors rather than these bad ass Hollywood stars. Hearing "Me kill bad guy" in a really burly caveman voice followed by the screams his woman would make as he dragged her, by the hair, back to her cave? That's some epic story and acting in the making!
I get the impression that this is a bad self-summary. Sorry. I'll work on it someday when I think of something interesting to talk about (probably not).
I work at and help run a rock climbing gym. It's a pretty cool job. I don't make a ton of money doing it (not bad, but not ideal), but I've always been a big fan of doing what I love, regardless of those funny pieces of plastic with dollar signs on them.
I rock climb when I have free time. That's not often, but it's fun times.
I'd really like to go skydiving again. Anyone down?
I guess I'm the sort that's good at everything? Jack of all trades, master of none. I do, however, make some awesome food.
But REALLY good at? Hmmm...
I give awesome high fives. And hugs, for that matter.
I usually have pretty fantastic hair - people often comment about that. Aside from that, how about you tell me what you noticed first?
Oh, and I don't watch much TV. If I do, it's usually something awesome... like Food Network.
Movies! I like movies. I tend to lean towards dramas/comedies/things that are interesting. Buuuuut it varies. Not much of a horror fan.
Favourite movie: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. It just is.
Anything sci-fi would be an awesome fit too.
Music... Hmmm... this could be a large body of text... I'll try to keep it brief:
I listen to ska mostly. Alternative stuff, some punk, some metal. It really varies day to day.
Some bands: Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, Tool, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Goldfinger, Mad Caddies, Pixies, Rise Against, Matthew Good.
Check out my last.fm page if you're interested in knowing more: http://www.last.fm/user/Phaelorn
If you have any bands you think are bad ass (nothing too hardcore please), tell me. Especially ska bands. I always enjoy finding new ska bands. Any awesome local talent you know of?
Food - I'm one of those people who like food. A lot. I mean... everything in moderation, but food is something to live for.
Anyways, I love food. I am completely fascinated by it. I love cooking it, eating it, thinking of it. Sometimes I do all 3 at once. I can't bake though.
I enjoy vegetables. I like fruit. I adore a good steak more than most things - if only I had one more than a couple times a year.
I dislike cake. Ice cream cake is alright, but normal cake? Meh. It's the icing that does it to me - I just can't eat the stuff.
But things I need? We'll try to make this list. And I'm going to try to avoid the painfully obvious "food", "water", "family", "friends" that I see on literally every list of needs.
1) I sleep with a fan. It's highly necessary for me. The white noise helps me sleep and I feel rather lost without it. Sadly, I'm a light sleeper, so noises tend to impact my sleep very easily.
2) Me-time. I'm a single guy. I have been for a reasonable amount of time. Having time for myself to reflect on my life and work things through on my own is essential. I also find that I have trouble being in social situations on an extremely regular basis -- they burn me out. Additionally, I work a lot, so having personal time is required. For my sanity.
3) Something to learn. I'm a strong believer in learning for life. Whether that's in school or on my own, I'm happy to learn new things every single day.
4) Teaching. My job involves a good deal of educating, coaching, and assisting people to be the best they can be. Once upon a time I thought "I'd really like to be a teacher". That's definitely not in the cards for me, but the way I see it, I'm doing the part of teaching I like already. I want to push people, and I want to see them grow.
5) Peanut butter. I realize I said I wouldn't put food. But this isn't food. It's life.
6) Something to be hopeful for. Whether it's my life or someone's who is dear to me. I want to hope for good things. I want to believe that happiness comes with effort and that good things will happen to good people. I believe in that corny, lame, unlikely happy ending stuff. I need to be able to believe that things will always work out.
Seriously. Who wouldn't wanna be that awesome? I want to try out some of those ideas Pinky had. He was a smart cookie.
But in all seriousness? Probably direction in life. I tend to look to the future often.
Now if we're talking _my_ Friday night, it's probably spent at home, watching a movie, reading a book, or playing video games.
Now don't get me wrong, going out and having fun is also an option, but generally I'd rather be at home, building a Lego fortress or something to that effect.
I know, I know: FOR SHAME! But I enjoy it sometimes. Plus Hayao Miyazaki makes some bad ass movies. Spirited Away? Princess Mononoke? That's some good times there, it is.