Here is some of the truth about me,,,,the rest you would only find out by getting to know me if you want to:
- Like a lot of people I have emotional scars and baggage so some things may become unexpectedly a rough ride
- I don't lose my temper often but when I do it is spectacular
- I hate being patronised or told what to do all the time - I am a competent independent person who has lived on my own for a long time and I'm pretty good at living my life
- I'm a chatterbox
- I need my own space and will object if anyone tries to invade it
- I'm a diet controlled diabetic, which means I need to eat regularly and I'm pretty picky about what I can eat
- I love my job and anyone who tries to get between me and my work will come of second best
- I'm 57 that means my body has been in a few wars and is not perfect - in other words I look reasonably good for my age but that age is 57
- my adult son comes first - if he needs me - which is not very often I did a good job of bringing him up - but if he does then I'm there
- my cat comes a close second - sorry!
There is some good stuff too:
- I care deeply for those I value
- I will negotiate and discuss ways of building bridges and bypasses round or over the things in a relationship that may not work first time
- I maintain myself so if I'm high maintenance its nothing for you to worry about
- I do not expect or want to be with someone every minute of every day - I think a relationship is more interesting if both partners bring different things to it
- I am a very good listener,; I do not automatically give advice, I assume that the other person is capable of working out what they need/want to do
- I value emotional intelligence, the ability to discuss differences and a willingness to both learn and teach
If that lot hasn't put you off please contact me and we'll see what happens
Movies - fairly lightweight stuff really
Middle of the road type music - in other words I listen to Radio 2!
Not a great foodie, I like well cooked and presented food but definitely don't like the exotic!