As for the more technical stuff: I'm a Berkeley graduate with a degree in Ethnic Studies and a concentration in Women and Gender Studies. I'm in the middle of a long journey toward becoming a physician, and while I'm incredibly anxious about it, nothing fills me with more excitement and joy. You want to know more? Feel free to read on.
- have an especially sharp ear (and memory) for music
- can maintain a great conversational flow
- can write fairly well in a number of styles
- can recall *random* facts/stories/song and literary lines at will &
- can keep you guessing until you find out for yourself. :)
Audre Lorde, Thich Nhat Hanh, bell hooks, Esther Hicks, Alice Walker, Gloria Anzaldua, Carl Sagan, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Alan Watts, Paulo Coelho, Aldous Huxley, Ntozake Shange, Michel Foucault, Junot Diaz, Lao Tzu, Rumi, Hafiz (the list goes on).
Music: Soul (Classic and New), Electronica, Folk, Funk, Jazz, Trip-Hop, Hip-Hop, House-Soul, Bossa Nova, Samba, New Wave (80's), Mashups, Modern-Classical, International (the list really goes on).
Movies: Anything with rich colors/hues (i.e: Kama Sutra, Frida, Volver), off-beat humor (Amelie, The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy), or mentally stimulating (Adaptation, Inception) is a winner in my book. I'm also a sucker for documentaries.
Food: What can I say? It's wonderful. I love international cuisine, such as Indian, Mediterranean, Caribbean, and Thai, but I also get down with other kinds of cooking. I'll admit to having a weakness for sweet things, especially.
- colorful, passionate people
- fresh air
- personal space
- an equal thirst for living and loving
- you're open minded
- you can make me laugh
- you're body positive/sex positive
- you're an art enthusiast, music-head, or creative type
- you dig on quirky humor, good wine, shisha-bars, or lounges
- you're looking for a fantastic friendship
- you're a craft beer enthusiast
- you have a beautiful heart and mind
- anything in my profile struck you and made you want to click "reply".
Whoever you are, let's connect.
Bonus points if you have a particular thing for Sade and/or Prince and/or Maxwell. They are heavy in my rotation right now.