• I'm quiet more than I'm loud.
• My plan of attack, when I'm in an unknown city, is "Oh! That looks neat."
• One of my life goals is to write a novel, and based on my last couple of attempts, it's a good thing I have my entire life to complete it.
• I love to walk around urban lakes.
• You're as likely to find me at the theatre or a gallery as a sports game (mostly basketball).
• I brew beer, but that's become a bit mundane, so I might try making wine.
• I like to go out about as much as I like to stay in.
• I recently played tennis for the first time, and have decided I'm going to play it again.
Oh, and I'm kind of nerdy.
Last year I started a podcast and the year before that I bought a house. Both of those things keep me busy. And I finally bought a bike, so I'm now regularly found zipping around south Minneapolis.
I'm an excellent wanderer.
Movies: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Shawshank Redemption, About a Boy, Gatacca, Once, The Namesake, The Visitor, Lars and the Real Girl, Annie Hall, Fight Club
Current TV: Game of Thrones, Broad City, Doctor Who, Inside Amy Schumer, The Expanse
All Time TV: Battlestar Galactica, Happy Endings, Mad Men, Breaking Bad
Music: Frightened Rabbit, Jeremy Messersmith, The Roots, Radiohead, P.O.S., Foo FIghters, David Bazan, James Vincent McMorrow, Sia
Food: I have a serious weakness for spaghetti. Similarly, I find it difficult to resist dark chocolate or Belgian beer. Oranges are my favorite fruit. Otherwise, I like a lot of different food, and love trying new things (as long as they don't contain mushrooms).
Travel: Japan is my favorite country that I've been to, and Seattle my favorite US city.
Podcasts: The Watch, The Bill Simmons Podcast, Verge ESP, Fighting In The War Room, The Lowe Post, The Sword & Laser, Keeping It 1600, Five Thirty Eight Elections, Code Switch, Ride the Lightning, You Made It Weird, The Nerdist
what it means to have lived a good life