While I enjoy most anything social, I would often choose a night out with a few close friends over going to a party with lots of people.
I lived in Boston thru HS - and have a large extended family there - went to college and worked in NYC, came to the peninsula for grad school 30 years ago and have never left.
I 'd love to meet a woman who wants to work together to develop a relationship in which we are each supporter, friend, confidant, teammate and lover to the other.
Books: Tipping Point, Da Vinci Code, Great Gatsby, Isaacson's Steve Jobs bio (currently reading). Generally: photo imagery books, spy and action fiction e.g., Ludlum, historical fiction...
Movies: oh so many ... Awakenings, Flowers for Algernon, Hunt for Red October, Good Will Hunting, Dances With Wolves, Mr. Brown, Braveheart, Shakespeare in Love, Erin Brockovich, The Bird Cage; Kings Speech ...
Music: jazz, vocal jazz, classical; pop; folk, some rock n roll.
Food: you name it - very eclectic.
* Engaged discussion spiced with humor
* Connections - eye contact, caring touches, openness
* Deepening my relationship with my 2 teenage daughters
* Relaxing: Movies, day trips, photography, NY Times, travel
* Computer with high speed internet connection
* How to improve myself.
* The almost daily examples of new services and new "normal' ways of doing things - that we are in period of transition to very new ways people live, learn and work.