Whether we end up connecting for a casual meetup, Skyping across the country, bs back and forth via message tool or start hanging out platonically, here's the person you're connecting with - in excessive detail. I'm interested in knowing as much about you. And no, I don't want to go steady with you.
Now, on to the self-summarizing. Let's see. Some ingredients...
1) I'm an atheist. The term agnostic technically works as well, but I prefer atheist. I am without theistic beliefs. The only thing I know for certain on this subject is that every description of a supreme being or "higher power" that I've heard so far caps out my personal hooey-meter. Some choose to anthropomorphize nature or the laws of physics; I don't. To me, the universe is utterly amazing, beautiful and awe-inspiring, and life is just one part of that - a poetic side effect of particle physics at work, if you will. Who needs deities? I can respect the origins of religion and mythology, and the search for some kind of spiritual connection to everything that is not-you, but for me...I am that I am. Which is a happy and content atheist.
2) I'm a vegetarian. I suppose ovo-lacto vegetarian is more descriptive. I've been a vegetarian for almost 25 years since I had a bit of a Soylent Green moment while stuffing my face with a cheese-dog, but I'm happy to say that my soapbox has been in deep storage for the last 20. I'm not a health nut by any means and the decision was made from the "gut" region of my brain - I could debate either side of the To Meat or Not To Meat argument just for funsies. I'm also an animal lover, which kinda falls under this category. Not in the kinky sense, although there was this one time back in high school...
3) I'm a stoner. Even when I'm going through a period of not actively doing any drugs. Like atheism and vegetarianism, it's kind of a core part of my self-identity. Which I hadn't really realized before writing it down just now. Interesting. I'm starting to think everyone should do a self-summary every now and then just to see what pops up. And no, I'm not stoned at the moment although I will probably spark up as soon as I'm done here. See? Stoner.
4) I'm a gamer. I love games of all types, except the ones involving emotional manipulation of others or a lot of outdoor physical activity. So basically video games, board games, card games, word games, brainteasers and logic puzzles. I can easily sink 12 hours straight into a game like WoW or Skyrim, and I seriously geek out over Boggle.
5) I'm a writer. Who doesn't write anymore, other than overly verbose online profiles. The last short story I finished was probably in high school. Writer's block is a bitch...
6) I'm a lefty. Politically, not handedly. Although that would be way cool. I used to be a bit of a C-SPAN junkie, and have volunteered for both Ralph Nader and Howard Dean in my idealistic youth. Lately I keep my head buried pretty firmly in the sand, however. I'm a fairly sensual person in general but a good way to turn me off completely is to start spouting conservative talking points. Move along Fox News fans, nothing to see here.
So, that up thar is me in a nutshell. As for what I'm looking for...new friends of any gender/orientation, who have a dark sense of humor and don't take any of this too seriously. Hit me up if you live near Point Isabel and have dogs! My pup needs friends.
Update October 2016:
If we do end up going out, this may be helpful information. I'm a bit of an overthinker, which tends to lead to self-sabotage, so the approach I've been trying lately is to not think my way through this shit but just let intuition lead the way. I'll gravitate towards people that I feel relaxed and good around, and away from people I feel awkward around or judged by. Simple, no? If I seem to have trouble finding time for another date, that's a good sign there won't be one. If you seem to have trouble finding time for another date, I'll similarly take that as a sign you're not interested in a follow-up either. The vast majority of meetings I've had with people from this site have been one or two dates only, so I imagine that says something about something. Oh, and while I'm definitely happy to engage in sexytimes if I'm attracted to you, pawing at me on the first date is unlikely to lead to a second one. Even if I have risqué pictures up, which I do from time to time, they're there as an example of what I'd be happy to share with you if I like you - not as an invitation to put your hand down my pants in the bar on our first date. If we make it past a second date, I'll probably shut this profile down because I don't really have the mental bandwidth to be "dating" more than one person at a time. This doesn't mean I'm expecting some level of commitment from you, it's just a personal preference for myself. You do whatever you feel comfortable with and we can both just roll with the flow, yo.
Muffinizing it. As in convenient portion sized foodstuffs, not in some vague vaginal way. It's exciting. I'm thinking of putting together my own cookbook. Ok not really, but it did cross my mind while I was typing this out...
Writing again. Randomness for the most part, stuff that needs to come out before the stories do.
Trying not to be a shitty human being.
Smoking a lot of weed.
Slow dancing with inertia.
Thinking it's probably time to start looking for a paying job again.
Movie: The Nines (more for concept than execution), Flipped, The Usual Suspects, Amadeus, Serenity, Star Trek ('09) and Transformers ('86)...
TV show: Firefly, Rick and Morty, The Boondocks, The Daily Show, Avatar: The Last Airbender...
Music: Tracy Chapman, Passenger, Damien Rice...
Game: City of Heroes, RIP. All Fallouts other than Tactics, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fable II, Infocom games (particularly HHGTTG), Temple of Apshai, Boggle...
Food: Thai green curry with coconut milk, sesame noodles with spicy peanut sauce, pesto lasagna, and subjugating rice. I love to cook.
A dog (currently this role is filled by my Saluki-mix, Spudnik)
At least one day a week away from other people to just chill and recharge my batteries. Perhaps 2 or 3 days. I desire a lot of alone time these days.
Stories I compose in my head but never write down anymore.
How to score some shrooms. It's seriously time for another shroomy trip.
How it's a shame more guys don't wear guyliner.
The varying medicinal effects of different strains of cannabis.
Outsider art and why it's so appealing to me. It's often so visually verbose.
Simultaneously carrying tea and no tea.
You are someone who enjoys not-talking, and aren't afraid of sharing quality silent time with a froody gal. These days I think my preference would be for not-talking. My brain feels somewhat exhausted just taking care of the basics like breathing and blinking.
You can send a coherent first message longer than 10 words that will stand out from the sea of one-liners my occasional frisky pics tend to attract.
You like dogs, and have a high tolerance for bratty ones.
You think smoking up and playing Boggle sounds like a grand old time.
You feel like it, and won't get too bent out of shape if I'm not feeling a response. Disclaimer: I'm usually not feeling a response. I am lame in this way and many others. If you can make it through the lameness, I'm probably worth it.
You're my huckleberry.