K, just kiddin' ... kinda ;-P. Seriously, I'm a newly divorced mother of two young children. I've had some luck on here before, but because of amicable issues (timing), things didn't work out, so I'm baaaaack. ;-P I'm still awful at texting though. ;-P I'm looking for someone I can connect with on all levels, emotionally, intellectually, physically, etc. and just enjoy spending time with basically.
I love to have fun and to laugh (that sounds cheesy, because, really?!?! who doesn't?!?! but I've been told I do more than the average person), I love to try anything new, I love to be around positive people, I love learning new things, expanding my own thoughts and ideas ... I'll pretty much try anything twice - just in case the first time was a fluke.
I'm not sure if these would be considered deal breakers, but I'll just put it out there just in case to save people time:
- I'm an atheist and a humanist. Which as you can assume, means I'm pretty liberal. Along those same lines, as much as I am open minded and try to be non-judgmental in every day relationships and friendships, I'm more interested in finding a partner/lover who is on the same page with me religiously and politically.
- I have 3 tattoos and a nose ring (small). The tattoos are small and hidden for the majority of the time though and you can get an idea of the nose ring from my April 2014 profile pic.
Some things I've learned about myself from previous relationships lately (that might be potential deal breakers):
- I really value my "dating time." Since I'm a Mom with two small kids, I value the times I can go out and be an adult and talk about and do adult things. It actually makes me a better Mom since it recharges me. I can usually do this between 2-3 times a week and I look forward to those nights, so being "wishy-washy" and not finalizing plans is not ok with me since then I miss out on other opportunities to go out and enjoy myself. If your schedule is crazy and hectic, then I am probably not the right person for you right now.
- I need to be monogamous. *THAT* shouldn't need an explanation. ;-P
My tastes are pretty eclectic - I like plays, art museums/exhibits, working out, yoga, going to the driving range, taking my bike out on the Greenway, skiing, hiking, camping, massages, Debating/discussing w/ people politics, religion, morals, ethics, etc., the beach, the mountains, the city, I could get into tennis if properly motivated, music, taking pictures (my nickname is Kodak Moment), being on/close to water, volunteering in the community, horseback riding.
Ohhhhh ... and I guess I'm also good at giving REALLY detailed answers. ;-P
Music - same with food. It's hard to think of a genre I wouldn't listen to. Maybe hard core death metal with more screaming than singing? My favorite band would have to be Dave Matthews Band though.
Books - Flowers for Algernon - WOW! I read this book in high school I think and it's still one of my favorite debates: Is it better to experience something and then have it taken away or to have never to experienced it and not know what you are missing out on.
Sophie's World - Jostein Gaarder
The Art of Loving - Erich Fromm
- Anything by John Saul
- The Sleeping Beauty Novels: The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty/Beauty's Punishment/Beauty's Release - A. N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice)
- America : A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction - Jon Stewart
- Naked Pictures of Famous People - Jon Stewart
(It's been ages since I've been able to go out to see a movie so these movies are pretty old.) Favorite movies - Wizard of Oz, Shawshank Redemption, Fight Club, Crash, Office Space, Heathers, Space Balls, Forrest Gump, GO, 200 Cigarettes, Clerks, Thank You For Smoking, Strange Brew, Boiler Room, Gladiator, Old School, Stewie Griffen - The Untold Story, 007 movies, Religulous, God Bless America).
But I also love documentaries (Freakonomics, Guns, Germs and Steel, Supersize Me, etc.) and more offbeat Indie films.
Shows - I got rid of cable a few months ago but I have a Hulu account and friends with TV (;-P) -
Family Guy, Dexter, Criminal Minds, Project Runway (great for some girl bonding time), South Park, The Good Wife, Jeopardy, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer, The Daily Show, Colbert Report, Real Time with Bill Maher. I used to watch Boardwalk Empire and enjoyed that but lost track of it. When LOST was on I was absolutely OBSESSED with it! - I would even go on fan sites the next day and analyze everything. :-)
My phone (which doubles as an iPod and a GPS so I'm sneaking in a 7th and 8th thing)
A gym/my bike / forms of excersice
Any type of breath freshening material - gum, toothpaste, etc. (for the coffee mostly)
Obviously this is not in correct order ;-P
Have a picture of yourself - no blank pic, no picture of an animal (not even if you say it's your dog - I'm not looking to date your dog), no landscape, etc. I won't respond or take you seriously without a picture of you
Can cook - I adore a man who can cook
Shares meals when going out to eat
Likes trying new activities, positive and upbeat
If you are into music, that is a HUGE plus, especially if you can introduce some new bands to me - I will awe in your "coolness" ;-P
You don't refer to watching your kids as "babysitting"
Knows the difference between their/there/they're
Can be goofy
Does not play video games
Atheist / Agnostic
If you volunteer in the community, I will probably be putty in your hands ;-P
Takes care of yourself physically / in decent shape
Looking for a monogamous relationship
You're kind hearted, affectionate, humble, and appreciative.