Random points of interest:
- I'm a big fan of dry, punny, or sarcastic humor
- I enjoy thunderstorms and being inside when it is raining/snowing
- I really dislike speaking on the phone. Always have. No idea why.
- I'm trying to learn to play the guitar - progress: 2.718%
- I'm a huge fan of cuddling and hugs, but am currently seeing a massive cuddle deficit compared to the recommended dosage.
- I believe most people are counting steps incorrectly. Ask me about it.
ENTJ if it matters.
*Note: I generally won't message you unless we've matched (i.e., you've liked me and I've liked you), because you (the women of OkCupid) get enough unsolicited messages as it is. So, if you're interested, but don't want to make the first move, "like" me, and hopefully we'll match :) I usually visit profiles that I can see visit me, and like them if I'm interested, but if you're using OKCupid's hidden browsing feature so you don't show up, you should send me a message instead.*
Working at a summer camp for kids
Developing open-source software
Playing squash, rock climbing, and diving whenever I have someone to do it with (maybe it could be you?)
Giving hugs (apparently)
Making anything the subject of a joke
I can talk about quite literally anything with anyone. I don't really have boundaries in that regard; I generally just try to figure out what the person I'm currently talking to considers acceptable...
Aldous Huxley - Brave New World
Isaac Asimov - Foundation series
Douglas Adams - Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Robert Jordan - The Wheel of Time
Simon Singh - The Code Book
Homer Hickam, Jr. - Rocket Boys
Andy Weir - The Martian
All the Sherlock Holmes books
various other good and not so good fiction + logic/maths/science non-fiction if I'm in the mood
TV: House of Cards, Battlestar Galactica, The Americans, Elementary, Suits, Castle, Community, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Stargate, Firefly, Futurama, Silicon Valley
Movies: So many movies, so little time. I lived with film students for two years, so I've seen most the good ones and quite a few of the bad ones. Everything from the first Matrix movie to Wall-E and Ratatouille to Gladiator to Shaun of the Dead. Anything by Monty Python. Spotlight was also pretty great.
Music: Probably the most peculiar genre-mix you've ever come across. Dire Straits, Bob Dylan, Bob James, David Bowie, Dave Brubeck, Elton John, Eminem, Kings of Convenience, Little Hands of Asphalt, The Offspring, Mumford & Sons, RJD2; a little bit of everything.
Games (how is this not a part of the title?): I'm a sucker for the old classics; Roller Coaster Tycoon (2), Mario Kart (on N64 of course), Caesar III and such. Board games of any and all kinds (I run one of the board game nights at MIT). Hanabi, Avalon, Mage Knight Board Game, and Fury of Dracula are current favorites. Of the more modern variety, Assassin's Creed and Helldivers are pretty good. The Last of Us was decent, as was Diablo III. Super Meatboy is also a good one if you haven't tried it. And then there's Super Hexagon...
Food: Cheese is a food right... So, cheese. And if you don't think it counts as a food, it seems unlikely that we'll get along :p Also love a good homemade lasagna or pesto-pasta. Nom nom nom.
Someone/something to pet
Problems to solve (boredom is my Kryptonite)
Why I like thigh-high socks/stockings, but (afaik) don't have a foot fetish. Also, hands.
Problems. I love solving problems, so I jump on any and every problem I can find! The more challenging, the more fun. Hence grad school.
I can recite The Raven by heart.
I shower naked.
I may have written erotica.
I expected the Spanish Inquisition.
I'm a sucker for girls wearing chokers.
And this is my view of sports: http://vectorbelly.com/electrical177.html
A couple of things though:
- I'm quite talkative, so when I reply, it's usually more than a single sentence. If that puts you off then you might not want to talk to me
- Empty profiles are not very interesting starting points for a conversation
- Please try for something more than just "hi"...
- I don't mind messages that are direct, bold, frank, and straight-to-the-point, but keep in mind that I don't even know if you're real yet! (you'd be surprised how many fake female accounts there are on here). Feel free to be blunt, if that's your style, but at least include something to make me believe you're human :p
You should definitely message me if you're a succubus who knows how to control her hunger. Or if you enjoy aftercare.
By the way, I didn't know where else to put these, but quite fascinating articles on who messages who on OkCupid: