Currently growing a beard and mustache for Growvember. I've been told that the event is "too masculine" and sends a toxic message.
I've been told I am intelligent, gregarious, witty, sarcastic, intense, and adventurous.
I'm a full time father of two great teenagers that are very protective of me. I want to live while I'm alive. I will tell you my perception of the truth (aka "blunt"), but I do try to balance it.
I don't have all my teeth... wisdom teeth have been gone for years.
My philosophy on life is very basic:
- We are all travelers in this life. Being stuck on a bus with people you don't like is horrible in and of itself. Now imagine that you invited those horrible people to ride with you. Surround yourself with great fellow travelers.
- We all take a path. Some take the well worn path that has too many tourists on it, others are trailblazers. Get off the bus and check out the surroundings.
- We are all on our own personal journey. Let's be honest, the destination of life is death. Take a breather and enjoy the journey.
I'm nice to strangers, and new people in general. I go out of my way to meet the "quiet" people. I'm a geek that's spontaneous. I capitalize on my life experiences. I find self wealth in being adventurous. I'm aggressive and confident in my abilities. If the mood hits me, I'll go to an amusement park in a moments notice. I tend to be competitive and show it. I do read and I appreciate the arts. I enjoy my independence. I can be sloppy due to reading too many books at once. I'm ambitious like that.
I tend to be less spiritual than most but am often asked if I am spiritual based upon the conversations I have with people. I'm not very old fashioned. I'd rather buy the newer stuff than the older stuff. I believe that history can help us determine what path we need to take. I can be cold in my decisions, when the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Being in the Navy for 22 years, I think I've seen enough to say I am not a virgin to life.
Yup... Just going to update this shit...
Movies: Scifi - Avatar, Transformers. Horror - Human Centipede, Exorcist. Documentary - Baraka. Comedy - Kick Ass. (These are just examples)
Shows: Stage - Comedy, Magic, Cirque, Burlesque.
TV - South Park, Adult Swim, SNL. I've come to the realization that I only look at my TV on Saturdays now. If it's on, it's there for noise.
Music: U2, Foo Fighters, Disturbed, Sevendust, Alt rock, pop rock, classical, folk, acoustic, piano, cello, violin. Played the double string bass and violin for years.
Food: Asian, Mexican, American, Italian, French. Street food in foreign countries is the bomb.
2. A king size bed.
3. 3 pillows
4. Roasted turkey
5. Chlorine Bleach
You want to meet me in person. I find endless emails or days upon days of chatting online annoying unless you live really far away.
Deep down you're a good human being that is respectful towards others and you want to have a good time in this short time frame we call life.
You have enough life experience to be relatable. I've met 25 year olds with enough life experience to put the most traveled sailors to shame. I've met 40+ year olds who'd never heard of people driving on the other side of the road.
Don't message me:
-if you live by the mantra, philosophy or constant spouting of "I hate drama" or any of its derivatives, because you're probably the source of it to begin with. [yes, this may apply to you if this offended you]
- if you want an open relationship
- if you think the planet is flat or that the earth is larger than the sun.
- if you can't describe who you are.
- if you can't clearly communicate without using Textanese in every sentence.