I'm a Calgarian, however I was born and raised in Australia(I have dual citizenship which is awesome!). I'm addicted to music, film and photography, and of course I have a great interest in technology and the internet.
Due to being an immigrant I really enjoy traveling as much as I can. So far I've been to 7 or 8 countries and plan to go to many more. I love learning other customs and seeing parts of the country that aren't on a guided tour; generally when put on a guided tour, I will leave the group and get lost. It's far more enjoyable!
I love the mountains and try to get out to Canmore or Banff as much as possible. I really like hiking, biking and swimming (although it's a bit cold outside to go swimming in any of the lakes out in the mountains until like mid-July). I look forward to the spring and summer because it allows me to get out and shoot in places I wouldn't be able to reach due to snow and super cold weather. Plus we live in such a beautiful place, it is a shame not to get out there!
...oh and television something something career
- Quickly learning new things that are quite technical by just messing around and trying things out myself
- Reading people, whether it be body language, mood or the message they are actually trying to get across but aren't saying.
Books: I'm an epic(that's my one use of this word for the year) book reader, but I'll just leave it at the most recent ones for a taste:
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson (Great book, AWFUL ENDING )
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo/Plays with Fire/Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
- Every single Asimov book. It's taking a while to get through those but they are all really good.
Movies: I'm really into cinematography, so I have a very broad range of movies I like so it would be near impossible to list them in my free time. Here are some:
- Taxi Driver (if asked for my all time favourite, this is it)
- The Matrix
- Ex Machina
- Interstellar (gotta rep local work!)
- The Lord of the Rings
- Monty Python (any and all really, I love Terry Gilliam)
- Pulp Fiction
- Office Space
- Inglourious Basterds
- Reservoir Dogs
I really love Tarantino.
This is what I'm watching right now:
- The Katering Show - I really don't know why this appeals to me so much but they are hilarious
- House of Cards
- Bob's Burgers
- Orphan Black
- Game of Thrones
I try to keep up on new shows as much as possible given it's kind of the direction I want my career to go.
Music: I'll gladly share my Spotify to anyone interested; otherwise there's just too much variation!
Right now I'm really getting into electrofunk/swing which is something I never thought I'd say but damn it's so catchy
I really love Vietnamese and Argentine food. I'll basically try anything new when it comes to food, always down for new (and sometimes risky or gross) experiences
I also love beer and wine when I have time to relax but it's a rarity these days
Oh wait, *ahem*
- Something to communicate with (phone, laptop, etc.)
- Pen/Paper for writing ideas down or sketching
- The support of my family and close friends
So basically I don't have a typical Friday. I would love to have someone to take somewhere new or to try something different though. I'm always open to trying new things!
Also, when I was younger I used to ride horses (English) and gymnastics (tumbling). I love both of those things but haven't done them in a long time. (Yo man, you wanna tumble?)
So yeah, I can't run marathons yet, but I'm happy to do a medium difficulty hike or go for a road trip/camping. I try to get out and take photos/video as much as possible and I'd love to do photowalks with someone else!