Currently seeking: awesome female friends who love sarcasm and wine. Could it be you??
When I was a kid my dad always used to tell me that the possibilities were endless. Now I've realized that the only thing that is truly endless is graduate school... so I left.
Obligatory shoutout to the places I've lived before coming to LA: Philadelphia, suburban New Jersey, Berkeley, Austin and a magical summer getting lost in Rome and ordering many 'uno piccolo gelato'.
I can usually tell you +/- 20 years when a building was constructed. This is a cool/impressive trick to do while bar hopping but otherwise not super useful.
Ballet made me good at walking on my toes, now it's handy for reaching things on the top shelf and tricking people into thinking I'm taller than I really am.
Bill Bryson, Junot Diaz, Cormac McCarthy, Virginia Woolf, Ernest Hemmingway, Jhumpa Lahiri, Stieg Larsson, Victor Hugo, Neil Gaiman, David Foster Wallace.
Cabin in the Woods, 10 Things I Hate About You, Elizabethtown, Stranger than Fiction, The Hurt Locker, Waitress, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Back to the future
Downton Abbey, Lost, True Blood, 30 Rock, HIMYM, Mad Men, Game of Thrones.
Ben Folds, The Tallest Man on Earth, Josh Ritter, Macklemore+Ryan Lewis, Iron and Wine, Incubus, Joshua Radin, Matt Costa, folksy music.
Vegan brunch is my religion.
2. Books, both the ones I need for my research and the fiction that keeps me sane (currently reading Jane Austen, "Sense and Sensibility" ; if you ask I'll link you to my goodreads profile),
3. Space heater, since my housemate is almost never cold enough to turn the heat on I'm fairly certain I'd be a frozen block of ice right now without it,
4. Letters of Note (especially this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/01/nothing-good-gets-away.html) and other great blogs,
5. My metal water bottle. Also my fancy reusable Tupperware. Saving the environment one packed lunch at a time.
6. Pillows. Lots and lots and lots of pillows.
BONUS: good friends and witty banter.