What I am/have/do:
- Somewhat quiet, but confident: I'm an introvert, but that doesn't mean I can't carry a conversation. I can and I love talking to people I enjoy being around.
- Humble: I know my strengths, I know my weaknesses. Always trying to emphasize the former and improve the latter.
- Raised well, with loving, caring parents and a twin brother that I am very close to, literally and figuratively.
- Aspiring world traveler: Quit my job a few years ago to backpack in Central and South America. I now have the travel bug.
- Loyal to those I love (friends and family): I prefer to have a small group of close friends, rather than a large group of acquaintances. It takes some time to break down my walls, but once you're in you are like family.
- Good at avoiding conflict: Sometimes conflict is necessary, but most times it's not.
- Excellent bullshit radar: I have to give my dad credit for this. I think it's genetics, but I am a very good judge of people in general.
- Intelligent: I read a lot and I am always trying to learn something new.
- Love animals: Cats or dogs. Don't have them because we have decided not to do so in my house (live with my brother and his girlfriend), but I do love them.
What I am not/don't have/don't do
- Don't do"selfies." That shouldn't be a word really.
- Shirtless "selfies" in the bathroom mirror (which apparently bros actually post based on comments I've seen).
- Speaking of that, I prefer to avoid bros at all costs
- I'm pretty much over Facebook
- I don't have any tattoos. No, not even one small one. I've never found something that I knew for sure I wanted to carry around for the REST OF MY LIFE. Not judging though. I don't mind tattoos on others.
- Swimming at Barton Springs
- Riding bikes around the city
- Tossing the frisbee in various parks
- Playing softball
- Playing volleyball
- Sitting outside at a bar or coffeeshop while sipping a drink and reading a book
- Eating food: I love food and I always looking for the best Austin has to offer. Great food in this town.
- Trying craft drinks at new bars or restaurants
Movies: Forrest Gump (all time favorite), Shawshank Redemption, Braveheart, Major League, pretty much any Will Ferrell movie (Except for Anchorman 2, ugh), Dumb and Dumber, Spaceballs, any good documentaries (I recommend the Vice youtube channel).
Shows: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Newsroom, Walking Dead (I dont think it's that great of a show but I cant stop watching for some reason), comedy specials (really high on Louis CK and Bill Burr right now), Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Trailer Park Boys, Daily Show, Bill Maher.
Food: So much good food in this town. Sushi (just went to Uchi which was really good, but for standard sushi, Musashino cant be beat), Italian (Vespaio or Winflo), Torchy's, Bouldin Creek, La Condesa, Justine's.
Music: Musical tastes vary significantly. I'm always listening to something different, but lately I've been into Grizzly Bear, Beach Fossils, Wilco, and Breakestra.
2. My passport
3. My common sense
4. My health
Although I am all for intelligent debate in many situations and I try to respect other points of view, I should mention there are a few things that are deal breakers. If any of these apply to you we should just avoid wasting each other's time. Not trying to be a dick, but it just wouldn't work...
1. You think gay people shouldn't be able to marry (or otherwise want to deny rights to any group).
2. Faith is an important part of your life.
3. You think climate change is a hoax.
4. You like Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, or Michelle Bachmann