- I'm originally from the Chicago area.
- I have a twitter, but I've never tweeted and only follow Kanye West (JustHere4Kanye).
- I've lived in Beijing for about two years now. It's a cool city. Lots to do. Lots of opportunities.
- I have a pretty serious collection of Mr. Rogers(ish) sweaters.
- I started DJing recently. My Dj name is Ted Dancin' Check out my mixcloud! http://www.mixcloud.com/teddancin87/followers/
- I really want a dog.
- I like cheap beer and spicy food.
- I've never spelled the word 'embarrassed' correctly on my first try.
- Timeout Beijing once described me as funny, bizarre and languid. I think this is accurate, especially the last two.
- I don't like jam bands, ketchup on hot dogs, or loud eaters.
- Starting and then not finishing crosswords
- Sending annoying/embarrassing facebook messages to my 16 year old cousin Colin.
- Making Mix-Tapes
- Putting 'bro' into words (bronanza, brohemians, brorito?)
- U.S. Geography Trivia (7th grade GEO Bee champ, baby! Never forget!)
- Breaking/losing most technology that comes into my life.
- Ordering too much food at restaurants
Music: I'm in this weird patch, where I just seem to want to listen to Don't Turn Around by Ace of Base on repeat...
but, my favorite song is "This must be the place" by The Talking Heads. It always seems relevant to whatever might be going on in my life.
Other than that, these days I'm really into UK house, 90's R&B, and French Disco. This is for real.
Books: Running With Scissors is my all time favorite but I generally like humor. My favorite authors are Gary Shteyngart, Augusten Burroughs, David Sedaris, and Michael Chabon. Been really into Peter Hessler lately as well.
Food: I'm a pretty adventurous eater. I really like to try new and unusual things. I'm not picky at all but my favorites are authentic Mexican food and BBQ. Also, anything with an egg on it.
TV: The Wire (This is the best show ever. I'll listen to, but accept no arguments that say otherwise), No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, Game of Thrones, Summer Heights High, Kids in the Hall, Twin Peaks, fargo, top chef, and recently Rick and Morty.
Also I really like the podcasts 'Radiolab' and 'Comedy Bang Bang'.
In general though, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of media there is to consume.
- French fries
- The Chicago Bulls
- A creative outlet
- My bike (I don't know how I ever lived in Beijing without one)
- Friday nights
- What I'm gonna eat for dinner
- Facial hair (grow it? Keep it? Shave it? The questions never end.)
- My end of the year music list
- Chinese old people
- Ways to will the Bulls to a Championship
But also, I can't really swim, whistle, or snap my fingers...I dont know how this happened.
- you're witty.
- you wanna show me some new Chinese food I should eat
- you are Tina Fey
- you can think of a good lie as to how we met
- you are the lead singer from Sleigh Bells
- You know of any good concerts coming up.
- you like to make the most of Friday/Saturday night
- you're cooler than me (not that hard)
- you want to.