Anyway. Hi! My name's Zeke, and I'm the bee's knees.
I'm a pretty simple guy. I love life. I love people. I love music, and fun, and color, and sunshine. I love strangers with smiles on their faces. I love the simplicity of holding hands with someone you think is swell. I love waking up in the middle of the night and turning my pillow over to the cold side. I love group hugs. I love making people laugh. I love balconies. I love stupid little everyday adventures like checking what's behind a door that I've never looked in.
I'm not sure I really know exactly who I'm looking for. But I have some ideas. I'm looking for my best friend. Someone who knows how to have fun, and not take life too seriously. Someone I can be with because we enjoy doing life together. As far as the "specifics" go, I'm not terribly picky. I mostly just appreciate someone who is comfortable with themselves, and has a big personality. Beyond that, I think the rest tends to work itself out.
Anyway, enough tedious stuff. I like lists, so here's a list!
- I'm an indie singer/songwriter, guitar and ukulele player, and general music enthusiast.
- I'm a shamelessly hopeless romantic. Too many Disney movies as a kid, I guess.
- Friendship and family are everything to me.
- While I am capable of getting way-too-passionate about nearly anything, a few of my biggest passions are running, music, local restaurants and bars, my dog, and finding really cool views to look at and be angsty.
- I think the 1920's had the coolest fashion sense ever. I'm nearly certain I was accidentally born in the wrong era.
- You're easy-going. You're down to earth, and laid back. I know that life has its serious moments, but for the most part, it's just so much fun, right?
- Ideally, you enjoy the finer aspects of watching a terrible movie. Preferably one about zombies, or confusing science fiction monsters.
- You care about your well-being. I'm not looking for a health nut or anything; I'm not one myself. Just someone who cares about herself is all. Brownie points if you'll go for a run with me!
- Watching bad action movies and eating Chinese food. Racing me the wrong way on an escalator. Sitting on a good porch and enjoying each others' company. If any or all of those activities sounds like something you'd enjoy, we're going to get along just great.
Aside from work and school, I spend a lot of my time on music, my dog, Soap, who I should warn you is the love of my life, and just taking it easy with my friends. I love doing pretty much anything outside; running in particular. But I'm equally happy bumming around the house watching good movies. Or terrible movies. I'm easy to please! Just give me good company and I'm happy.
Also music. I love playing music almost as much as I love singing. Car-eoke is a common activity for me.
No, but seriously, most people tell me their first impression is that I'm a super nice, funny guy.
Movies: No Country for Old Men, Biutiful, Fantastic Mr. Fox, In Bruges, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Again, so many more. Pretty much anything from the Coen Brothers or Wes Anderson is great.
Shows: I will never, ever be able to decide whether Mad Men or Breaking Bad is better. One of them is the best show ever, and I can't decide which. Also, just to reveal my inner nerd a little, I do love Firefly.
Music: Don't even get me started on music. A handful of favorites; Album Leaf, Alexander Ebert, Bright Eyes, Cloud Cult, Explosions in the Sky, Father John Misty, Fleet Foxes, Iron & Wine, The Radio Dept, Sufjan Stevens.
Food: I'm easy to please. Currently on a ketogenic diet (low carbs), on which I have lost 100 pounds. But I make plenty of exceptions for delicious things like beer and pizza now and then.
2. My guitar
3. My family
4. My friends
5. Diet Coke
6. Really huge blankets