Their result for The Calorie and Nutrition Test ...
83% Calories and 82% Nutrition!
Great job! You got 83% correct on calories and 82% correct on nutrition! I hope you enjoyed my test. The original version had 50 questions, and I trimmed it down to these 20, after asking my friends for feedback.
Whether or not you're on a diet, it still pays to know basic nutrition and be able to guess calories. I once tried to diet and was consuming 650 calorie "bran" muffins, thinking they were right for me. I gained weight. Little did I know, I would've been healthier eating 2 egg McMuffins from McDonald's. Wow.
Anyway, what people seem to want most is an answer key, so here goes. Message me if you disagree about anything.
1. A banana has around 110 calories, so the answer is 70-125. If you picked either of the neighboring answers, you still got points. (The same is true for all the calorie questions.)
2. Bananas (bananae?) are a source of potassium.
3. Trans fats are currently deemed "bad" by everyone, and more than trace amounts of them are becoming illegal in a lot of cities' restaurants across the US.
4. Margarine is a big source of trans fats.
5. A glazed donut from Dunkin D's has 230 calories. Fewer than you might expect. They're fried, so I'm not advocating them or anything.
6. Häagen-Dazs' vanilla ice cream has a whopping 1080 calories per pint. I have sat there and plowed through an entire pint while watching Netflix on my couch. Sadly, I didn't even appreciate the pint at the time. Anyway: good food to pack for the apocalypse. Bad for dessert in big quantities.
7. Sugar and protein both have around 4 calories per gram. (Fat has 9.)
8. Water has 0 calories. (Not Vitamin Water, though, the brand. That stuff tastes good, I admit.)
9. If you burn more calories than consume, you'll lose weight. This doesn't include other factors like water retention (too much salt) or breast augmentation surgery, but generally, it's true. If your goal is to lose weight, simply (1) eat healthy, and (2) make sure you burn more calories than you consume.
10. Running definitely burns more calories than walking, even per unit distance.
11. Sugar does not have bleach it it, although it's reacted with a chemical that acts as a bleaching agent to strip impurities. There's no bleach in there though.
12. There are 100ish calories in a tablespoon of butter.
13. 15 cashews (bless you!) have 180 calories or so.
14. Digestion begins in the mouth. Semantically one could argue it begins in the hand in some cases, but I left that option out so we'd all agree on this one. Your teeth, saliva, and tongue all help prepare food for the path down your throat.
15. The liver is not part of the digestive system. The liver is rad, though.
16. Glucose (C6H12O6) is used in cellular respiration. Your body converts fat, protein, and sugars all into this one simple carbohydrate for burning.
17. Despite popular myth, Diet Coke hydrates you. Shocking, right? If you were stuck on a desert island with a bunch of dry foods and diet coke, you would not get all dehydrated and die. It isn't nearly as effective as water, but it hydrates, overall.
18. There are 30 milligrams of sodium in a large potato. 30 grams would be 1,000 times the normal amount. This question wasn't designed to test your knowledge of the metric system, just your familiarity with nutrition labels. If you read them often, you know that sodium is typically measured (and consumed) in mg.
19. Alcohol provides calories. 7 calories per gram.
20. A pregnant woman should start by adding around 100 calories per day to her diet and then up that to about 300. Different doctors suggest different amounts, but no one suggests 1,000 extra calories per day.
Thanks for taking my test! Don't forget to rate it and challenge your friends!
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 83% on Calories, higher than 81% of your peers.
They scored 82% on Nutrition, higher than 49% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 6704 times.
Hi! And welcome to my runescape Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine your true nature.
Taken 9896 times.
What is your knowledge of Famous Movie Quotes?
Taken 10431 times.
Hi! I'll be asking questions regarding the automotive cultural set u fit into. Also whether you are more speed/power oriented or more appearnce orien...
Taken 20731 times.
The mind according to Freud is composed of the ID, Ego and Superego. This test will use a totally non-scientific method that I pulled out of my net...
Taken 2122 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Megaman NES Test. I will ask you questions about the Megaman NES saga! Some questions will be easy, others will be hard! Good l...
Taken 14457 times.
Hi! And welcome to the "Are You a Player" test. ** I THINK I have fixed what was wrong, so you should get a more "accurate" reading** Every...
Taken 1690 times.
Find out witch of Divergent faction you belong.
Taken 2724 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Horse Racing Test.
Taken 15429 times.
Hi! And welcome to my What Kind of Diaper Are You Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine your true nature.
Taken 20117 times.
Find out if I think teaching high school is the right career for you! Keep in mind, it's only my personal opinion. This test will be based on me, basically.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.
Enter Authentication Code
Not so fast!
You need to complete your basic info on the mobile app before you can use the desktop site.